e-oncología is an initiative of the Catalan Institute of Oncology which was set up in 2004 as an International Network of Oncology Centres thanks to a European Union Alfa Grant to boost networking and the exchange of education with Latin America.
Since 2005, over 5,000 professionals from Spain and Latin America have received training on the e-oncología campus, which has a network of almost 200 lecturers and tutors and over 1000 hours of educational content (36 courses).
Based on excellence and innovation.
· Three leading hospitals in cancer research and treatment in Spain.
· Network of specialists who lead international opinion.
· Network of international education and research centres with emphasis on Spain and Latin America.
Scientific experience and objectivity of information. e-oncología is driven and supported by collaborative networks between health institutions in Spain and Latin America.
· Easy dissemination of open and flexible education courses.
· Unrestricted access to education in terms of space and time.
· Creation and delivery of customised education programmes.
· Smooth running and monitoring of distance learning.
· Student participation and motivation on the courses and activities offered.
· Development of educational resources - The alliances with specialist doctors who bring their own products or create products for e-oncología will be a major differentiating asset.
· Development of information resources - This will be carried out by means of alliances with outsourcees in this market who have a recognised added value. e-oncología will be an open space giving access to these services.
· Authoring: Created by specialist doctors of recognised standing, both in Spain and in Latin America.
· Tutoring and Dynamism - Specialist doctors fill the positions of tutors and make the environment more dynamic. Alliances of this type are set up for every specific event or for set periods of time.
· Administration and continued improvement - This is carried out using its own resources which are backed up by the contributions made by specialist doctors who are collaborating with e-oncología on product development, tutor sessions and dynamic initiatives.
Who are we for?
What do we offer?
Oncologists (qualified and/or in training), other cancer specialists, basic researchers, family GPs, nurses, clinical pharmacists, pharmaceutical industry, health managers.
Initiatives and spaces for education and learning
Initiatives and spaces for communicating, participating and exchanging